[lxc-users] No IP given after migrating LXC container to LXD

Luis Michael Ibarra michael.ibarra at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 12:59:54 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Sorry, sent it again, didn't know what happened with the formatting.

Distro: Ubuntu 14.04.3
Kernel: 3.19.0-49-generic
LXD: 2.0.0.beta1
LXC: 2.0.0.beta1

I migrated an lxc privileged container to LXD. So I did the following:

1. Created a container: *lxc init [local_image] test*
2. Deleted rootfs: *rm -rf /var/lib/lxd/containers/test/rootfs*
3. Copied privileged rootfs: *tar --numeric-owner lxc-rootfs.tgz -C
/var/lib/lxd/containers/test/*
4. Then I set up: *lxc config set test security.privileged true*

When I started the container I got not networking. Other containers which
were created normally using lxc launch or lxc init without moving/removing
their rootfs have no problems getting networking configuration.

Log information after *lxc start test* : http://paste.ubuntu.com/14877042/
test container configuration file lxc.conf:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/14877066/

PS: Why are you using unix time in logs? It's kind of difficult to debug
containers, or probably I'm using the wrong tools.

Regards,

--
Luis Michael Ibarra