[lxc-users] Debian 8 container on Ubuntu 16.04 host

William Cooley mailingl at wtip.net
Wed Dec 14 03:25:49 UTC 2016

I am trying to install a Debian 8 container on a Ubuntu 16.04 host.
The Ubuntu host is running lxc version 2.0.8 from the default ubuntu
repo and  Kernel 4.4.0-53-generic #74-Ubuntu.

I'm using the default Debian jessie image from the images repo. systemd
is not working correctly inside of the container and I am not able to do
things like restart a service.

Has anyone here tried running a Debian 8 container on a Ubuntu 16.04
host and had success with making systemd work properly?

Help would be greatly appreciated

William