[lxc-users] Debian 8 container on Ubuntu 16.04 host

William Cooley mailingl at wtip.net
Fri Dec 16 02:58:05 UTC 2016

  I am trying to install a Debian 8 container on a Ubuntu 16.04 host.
  The Ubuntu host is running lxc version 2.0.8 from the default ubuntu
repo and  Kernel 4.4.0-53-generic #74-Ubuntu.

  I'm using the default Debian jessie image from the images repo.
systemd is not working correctly inside of the container and I am not
able to do things like restart a service.

  Has anyone here tried running a Debian 8 container on a Ubuntu 16.04
host and had success with making systemd work properly?

  Help would be greatly appreciated

  William