[lxc-users] lxd in Debian

Micky Del Favero micky at mesina.net
Tue Aug 23 09:59:34 UTC 2016

"Fajar A. Nugraha" <list at fajar.net> writes:

> I'm confused.
>
> How did you managed to get it build, when the source from
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial-updates/lxd has
>
> Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 9),
>                golang-petname-dev,
> and https://packages.debian.org/petname returns zero result?

I didn't use xenial sources, I've taken them from
https://linuxcontainers.org/downloads/lxd/lxd-2.0.3.tar.gz (but I think
there's no difference), in my debian/control (that I've took from an old
ubuntu package) I've listed only few dependencies:

  Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 9),
                 dh-golang,
                 dh-systemd,
                 golang-go [i386 amd64 armhf],
                 help2man,
                 pkg-config,
                 protobuf-compiler

In LXD's Makefile (the one that coming with sources) there's:

  GOPATH=$(shell pwd)/lxd-$(VERSION)/dist go get -t -v -d ./...

so all golang dependencies needed to compile LXD will be downloaded and
installed in dist directory, there's no need to install them system
wide, so there's no need to put them in package dependencies.

Ciao, Micky
--
The sysadmin has all the answers, expecially "No"