[lxc-users] lxd in Debian

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Aug 23 09:29:22 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 3:28 PM, Micky Del Favero <micky at mesina.net> wrote:
> Paul Dino Jones <spacefreak18 at brak.space> writes:
>
>> So, i see lxc 2.0 has made it's way into Stretch and Jessie backports,
>> but I don't see any activity on lxd. Is this going to happen in time
>> for the Stretch freeze?
>
> I've packaged LXD for Jessie (Devuan's, but the same applied to Debian),
> here I've explain what I've do:
> http://micky.it/log/compiling-lxd-on-devuan.html
> https://lists.linuxcontainers.org/pipermail/lxc-users/2016-July/012045.html
> if nobody will package LXD you can do it yourself follow my way.

I'm confused.

How did you managed to get it build, when the source from
http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial-updates/lxd has

Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 9),
               dh-apparmor,
               dh-golang,
               dh-systemd,
               golang-go,
               golang-go.crypto-dev,
               golang-context-dev,
               golang-github-coreos-go-systemd-dev,
               golang-github-gorilla-mux-dev,
               golang-github-gosexy-gettext-dev,
               golang-github-mattn-go-colorable-dev,
               golang-github-mattn-go-sqlite3-dev,
               golang-github-olekukonko-tablewriter-dev,
               golang-github-pborman-uuid-dev,
               golang-gocapability-dev,
               golang-gopkg-flosch-pongo2.v3-dev,
               golang-gopkg-inconshreveable-log15.v2-dev,
               golang-gopkg-lxc-go-lxc.v2-dev,
               golang-gopkg-tomb.v2-dev,
               golang-goprotobuf-dev,
               golang-petname-dev,
               golang-yaml.v2-dev,
               golang-websocket-dev,
               help2man,
               lxc-dev (>= 1.1.0~),
               pkg-config,
               protobuf-compiler

and https://packages.debian.org/petname returns zero result?
altlinux's lxd rpm (which I use as starting point for my c6 build) has
similar requirement, and when I tried removing golang-petname-dev
requirement when building for centos, the build failed, so I had to
create a new rpm package for that.

--
Fajar