[lxc-users] lxc-start fails with "no systemd controller mountpoint found"

F Dave feldavic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 00:54:51 UTC 2016

Turns out that it was cgroup was mounted under /cgroup, so I was able to
create the folder there and mount it. However the container shows the same
error:

[root at devhost fs]# mount -t cgroup -o none,name=systemd cgroup
/cgroup/systemd/

[root at devhost fs]# grep cg /proc/mounts
cgroup /cgroup/cpuset cgroup rw,relatime,cpuset 0 0
cgroup /cgroup/cpu cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
cgroup /cgroup/cpuacct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
cgroup /cgroup/memory cgroup rw,relatime,memory 0 0
cgroup /cgroup/devices cgroup rw,relatime,devices 0 0
cgroup /cgroup/freezer cgroup rw,relatime,freezer 0 0
cgroup /cgroup/net_cls cgroup rw,relatime,net_cls 0 0
cgroup /cgroup/blkio cgroup rw,relatime,blkio 0 0
cgroup /cgroup/systemd cgroup rw,relatime,name=systemd 0 0

[root at devhost fs]# lxc-start -F -n node2
lxc-start: cgfsng.c: all_controllers_found: 431 no systemd controller
mountpoint found
lxc-start: start.c: lxc_spawn: 1079 failed initializing cgroup support
lxc-start: start.c: __lxc_start: 1329 failed to spawn 'node2'
lxc-start: lxc_start.c: main: 344 The container failed to start.
lxc-start: lxc_start.c: main: 348 Additional information can be obtained by
setting the --logfile and --logpriority options.