[lxc-users] Building custom LXC templates

Lars Hupel lars at hupel.info
Tue Apr 19 09:22:14 UTC 2016

> Yes but you can run it in a VM where you have superuser privileges. The
> goal is simply to obtain the two files meta.tar.xz and rootfs.tar.xz.

Oh, I see. I was under the impression that I would get a template
script, similar to what exists under /usr/share/lxc/templates. Are those
hand-written?

> What do you mean by "this [...] builds LXC"?

The "build-image" script appears to clone, configure and make LXC from
some repository, instead of using the system version. This is probably
the right thing to do for CI of LXC itself, but not for downstream users.

Cheers
Lars