[lxc-users] Containers have network issues when their host uses a bonded interface

Peter Steele pwsteele at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 12:23:56 UTC 2015

Here's an interesting data point: We noticed that our bond interface was
reporting a large number of dropped packets, particularly compared to
when we were using CentOS 6.5. As a test I decided to try out the new
"team" alternative to bonding that's offered by CentOS 7 and the dropped
packets virtually disappeared. Unfortunately, the original arp table
problem I reported in this thread reappeared, even though we're now
using the mainline 4.2 kernel. Apparently they fixed the bug for bonds
but the newer team feature is still susceptible.

Peter