[lxc-users] cgmanager_move_pid_abs_sync failed: invalid request

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Sep 8 01:27:30 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 1:58 AM, Benoit GEORGELIN - Association Web4all
<benoit.georgelin at web4all.fr> wrote:
> I will try those commands next time it happen. Thanks
>
> In general, I have a lot of issues with LXC container using systemd and dbus

You should be more specific. I assume you're talking about lxd?
Privileged lxc container should work fine.

> .
> Anything that require dbus-send or any dbus interaction never get an answer
> so you cannot install anything that have a dbus interaction or dependency
>
> I only tried on my system, I dont know if someone else is able to reproduce
> it .
> I install a new lxc container from debian8 template, I lunch apt-get install
> xfce4  (as an example) you cannot finish the install because of dbus /
> policykit
>
> It's the only big issue for me since I use LXC and I don't know if it affect
> every users or just my system.

Last time I check unprivileged container with systemd is kinda
problematic. Using latest systemd would probably help, but jessie
ships with 215.

So my best suggestion is to either:
- try debian testing/unstable or ubuntu wily as guest. OR
- use privileged containers for now

I just tested debian unstable (which has systemd 225) unprivileged
container, and it can install xfce4 just fine.

--
Fajar