[lxc-users] Mount Directory or Move Image Location?

B G bg85305 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 23:26:48 UTC 2015

I tried your suggested method and I got into permission issues...

Ran:

$:/# lxc config device add neoped lxdmount1 disk source=/nvme1/lxdmount1
path=/opt

Device lxdmount1 added to neoped

Then opened a bash session into the container and tried to make a
directory...

root at LXC_NAME:/# cd opt
root at LXC_NAME:/opt# ls
root at LXC_NAME:/opt# mkdir lxdmount1 test
mkdir: cannot create directory 'lxdmount1': Permission denied
mkdir: cannot create directory 'test': Permission denied

I still don't understand where or how I need to map the container user to
the host user to enable this without completely opening security on the
directory...

At least I suppose that is why it is failing...