[lxc-users] Mount Directory or Move Image Location?

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 30 21:23:54 UTC 2015

Quoting B G (bg85305 at gmail.com):
> I need to jam a ton of data from another drive partition into a
> container... What is the best way to:
>
> 1. Mount a directory from a different drive on the host
>
> or
>
> 2. Change the image location to the alternative drive on the host
>
> I have been searching a ton and can't see the best way to do this.  I have
> an NVME partition that I want to use for really fast IO but it is not the
> default one the containers are created in...
>
> Appreciate any advice..

Are you using lxd or lxc?

The easiest way is probably to just bind mount the fast directory onto
/var/lib/lxc or /var/lib/lxd.  If I'm understanding you right.

Personally on my laptop I have a little 16G m.2 ssd formatted as btrfs
and mounted onto /var/lib/lxd to give me something like .5-second container
creations.

-serge