[lxc-users] Status: Debian Jessie support for unprivileged containers?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Oct 13 09:49:20 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 4:44 PM, Christian Benke <benkokakao at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 October 2015 at 11:15, Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net> wrote:
>> So bottom line, don't bother unless you're willing to run a
>> "frakenstein", unsupported distro. Either retry with stretch and hope
>> it works better, or switch to ubuntu.
>
> Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation Fajar! Looks like I'm just
> going to run privileged containers and hope for the best. Turns out,
> doing the testing on the right distribution too is essential :-) (I
> tried LXC on my Ubuntu Trusty workstation and deemed it working, but
> the server is running Debian Jessie)

Yep, trusty is probably the best distro for host lxc right now.
Particularly if you also add ppa:ubuntu-lxc/lxc-stable to get
lxc-1.1.4 and lxcfs.

Privilged containers on jessie should work, although I'd still
recommend using lxc-1.1.x (either compile from source, or port
ubuntu's package recipe) instead of the bundled 1.0.6

--
Fajar