[lxc-users] Networking not working in unconfined overlayfs container

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 5 16:49:44 UTC 2015

Quoting Frederico Araujo (araujof at gmail.com):
> Hi,
>
> I've been using LXC for over two years without problems. This week, I
> upgraded my Ubuntu from Trusty to Vivid, and I noticed that my overlayfs
> containers stopped getting IP assigned. In my machine the error can be
> reproduced in this way:
>
> 1. lxc-create -n base -t ubuntu

Do you have this problem if you use the download template?

> 2. Edit ubuntu/config to add  lxc.aa_profile = unconfined

interesting that it has to be unconfined.

if you tail -f /var/log/syslog and then start the container, does
the tail -f output show any DENIED messages?

> 3. lxc-clone -s -B overlayfs ubuntu tmp

Does the 'ubuntu' container start ok?

> 4. lxc-start -n tmp -d
> 5. lxc-ls -f shows:
>
> NAME                       STATE    IPV4        IPV6  GROUPS  AUTOSTART
> tmp                        RUNNING  - *(no IP)*   -     -       NO
> ubuntu                     STOPPED  -           -     -       NO

Are you able to lxc-attach -n tmp and look around?  what does 'ps -ef'
and 'ifconfig -a' show?