[lxc-users] How to pass wlan0 interface to container ( Container with wireless support)

Luis Michael Ibarra michael.ibarra at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 12:18:41 UTC 2015

On Nov 24, 2015 5:46 AM, "Divya Vyas" <edivya.vyas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am creating a lxc container with this conf file
>

> lxc.rootfs = /home/root/rootfs
>
> lxc.devttydir = lxc
> lxc.tty = 4
> lxc.pts = 1024
>
> #lxc.network.type = veth
> lxc.network.flags = up
> # Bridge net on the host
> lxc.network.link = lxcbr0
> # link name on the guest
> lxc.network.name = eth0
> lxc.network.mtu = 1500
>

> Host I have a eth0 and wlan0 interfaces but when I boot container I
cannot see wlan0 interface.  When I try to up the wlan0 on container ,
ifconfig says no such device.

> How can I see wlan0 interface on container?

Let me guess you only see eth0 inside your container, but you can reach the
LAN.
That's because your containers are attached to lxcbr0, and you are exiting
throug a NAT which it masquerades and  forwards all packets  to the wlan0
nic on the host and then to the rest of the cyber world.
Please refer to man lxc.container.conf, iptables and bridge
documentation[1] for more iformation.

[1] http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/networking/bridge

https://s3hh.wordpress.com/2011/05/17/lxc-containers-on-a-host-with-wireless/