[lxc-users] Ubuntu container IP address

Robert Koretsky bobk48 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 22:04:59 UTC 2015

Guido et al:
Another suggestion I got from the Ubuntu Forums on virtualisation gave me a
single line that could be added to the iptables configuration( and also
some other alternate ways of using and configuring ufw) to achieve a "port
forwarding" of a port of interest, like 22, to the container IP 10.0.3.1
from my host IP 192.168.0.6. I am going to try this one-line iptables
method, see if it works. More importantly, once my container can be ssh'ed
to from my home network, will my host still be reachable. Other than that,
I'm not sure what else to do. Believe me, other suggested solutions were
either 100-line long bash scripts plus dozens of changes and package
downloads, or were completely off base.
Again, can anyone tell me why lxcbr0 is configured to start with an IP of
10.0.3.1? My Ubuntu 15.10 Desktop machine, which has a container, gets its
IP via DHCP from a router.
Thanks,
Robert M. Koretsky