[lxc-users] LXD Live Migration

Tycho Andersen tycho.andersen at canonical.com
Mon Nov 9 19:52:19 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 11:57:53AM -0500, Saint Michael wrote:
> I meant LXD, not LXC. I do use LXC in production.

LXD will be ready for production in 16.04, the next LTS of Ubuntu.

For live migration, we'll have support for it in 16.04 including
migrating all the security primitives of containers. However, there
will absolutely be bits of migration that simply aren't done, so
success with it will be workload dependent. Of course I'll continue to
work to implement these cases, so the situation will continue to
improve as we go along.

Tycho