[lxc-users] LXD in 14.04 LTS Backports

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 5 14:00:01 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 05, 2015 at 08:49:38AM -0500, Yonsy Solis wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was doing a maintenance in my work laptop (cleanup repositories) and i
> find that LXD is now in 14.04 LTS Backports repository.
>
> Yes, I know that backports are not supported like universe or main
> repositories (in LXD case, this is more a preview release, a good one too).
> My question is, can i use now only use the 14.04 backports or i will need
> lxd master/developer PPA installed in my repos for new pre-1.0 releases (at
> least until we have an LXD 1.0 release) ?
>

> Yonsy Solis

You can: apt-get -t trusty-backports install lxd

And you'll get LXC 1.1.4, LXCFS 0.11, CGManager 0.39 and LXD 0.21 on 14.04
directly from the Ubuntu archive without needing any PPA.

We will try to keep those as up to date as possible, they'll probably be
lagging a week or so behind the PPA though as those packages do need to
go through review.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer