[lxc-users] lxcbr0 failed in 14.04 (maybe a network config problem not lxc, need advise)

B G bg85305 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 05:19:09 UTC 2015

I have been having similar problems after upgrading to 15.10.  I just
completely rebuilt the server and had exactly the same problems.  I also
tried uninstalling/re-installing and it didn't work...

Try this:

lxd uses lxcbr0 bridge by default.
I've had some trouble with lxc-net under systemd as well. Can you do
ifconfig -a
sudo systemctl stop lxc-net
sudo systemctl start lxc-net
ifconfig -a
and see if lxcbr0 shows up in the second ifconfig output?

Found this in this thread:

https://github.com/lxc/lxd/issues/543

I also have tried commenting out the dns line from the NetworkManager.conf
file...  It seems as if NetworkManager may also cause some conflicts...

/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

#dns=dnsmasq

Then restart NetworkManager