[lxc-users] LXD newbie question

Kevin LaTona lists at studiosola.com
Fri May 29 21:07:35 UTC 2015

to verfiy LDX is running in terminal do a:

ps aux | grep lxd

this example shows LXD us running if you are not seeing some thing like than it's not running
root       783  0.0  0.2 436592 19584 ?        Ssl  May26   0:15 /usr/bin/lxd --group lxd --tcp [::]:8443

this will tell what version you have
lxc version
0.9

I found running LXD version 0.9 solved the booting problem you describe, so update soon.

if you are running an older version of LXD you can kick start it with

systemctl start lxd

and then verify it's running with
ps aux | grep lxd

Also beware LDX requires TLSv1.2

openssl version

OpenSSL 1.0.1f 6 Jan 2014

If you are version is lower than about 1.0.1x

Looking into verifying your OpenSSL package does handle TLSv1.2 as this issue has been brewing for a good long while and hits everyone.

This was a huge stumbling block for me just this past week so any older client machines will need to be updated to deal with this level of security.

-Kevin