[lxc-users] lxc guest cannot play sound using pulseaudio. tcp module is loaded with permission.

Oz Dror odror7 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 18:59:05 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 11:06 AM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net> wrote:

> On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 12:35 AM, Oz Dror <odror7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> # pactl list sinks
> >

> > A soon as I connect the lxc guest all the sinks are lost and I have a
> > suspended sink
>
> Your host and guest might be fighting for the same physical sound
> devices. My guess is you use a custom setup which allows the guest to
> takeover host's device (since it can run on vt8, and have devices
> shown on "aplay -l"). My test was on defaut ubuntu container,
> restricted by apparmor.
>
> You might be able to reconfigure alsa dan pulseaudio on the container
> so alsa ONLY uses pulseaudio driver, and pulseaudio ONLY uses the tcp
> module.

Do you know how to do that.

I commented allowing audio access in the config file
 #lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 116:* rwm
I also did not creare the devices in /dev/snd in the container.
Now I can list the sinks and see all the audio cards in the container.

I still cannot play anything because it is suspended. There is some
improvement
I also commented in /etc/pulse/default.pa in the host and guest. It is
still suspended.
#load-module module-suspend-on-idle