[lxc-users] lxc guest cannot play sound using pulseaudio. tcp module is loaded with permission.

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon May 25 18:06:38 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 12:35 AM, Oz Dror <odror7 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> # pactl list sinks
>

> A soon as I connect the lxc guest all the sinks are lost and I have a
> suspended sink
> Then I am not able to play sound on either. Some times this sink changes to
> the dummy sink. I can only recover from that if I return to the host display
> and do
>
> alsa force-reload
>
> This does not work if I ssh to the host from the lxc (I can reload alsa, but
> it odes not change the Suspended sink)

Your host and guest might be fighting for the same physical sound
devices. My guess is you use a custom setup which allows the guest to
takeover host's device (since it can run on vt8, and have devices
shown on "aplay -l"). My test was on defaut ubuntu container,
restricted by apparmor.

You might be able to reconfigure alsa dan pulseaudio on the container
so alsa ONLY uses pulseaudio driver, and pulseaudio ONLY uses the tcp
module.

--
Fajar