[lxc-users] What is the best way to report bug issues with LXD rest server?

Janjaap Bos janjaapbos at gmail.com
Sat May 23 07:13:49 UTC 2015

Yes, you are a step further now that TLS is spoken. However, I would
suggest to first get your test working locally on the lxd server, since my
homebrew OSX curl has further restrictions. You can only use certificates
that are in the keychain:
* WARNING: SSL: CURLOPT_SSLKEY is ignored by Secure Transport. The private
key must be in the Keychain.
* WARNING: SSL: Certificate type not set, assuming PKCS#12 format.

When trying your example on my lxd server, I do the following steps (as
root user).

# cd /root/.config/lxc
# ls
client.crt  client.key  config.yml  servercerts

Now, if you don't have these files, use can get them by doing the following:
# lxc remote add lxc-org images.linuxcontainers.org

This should also initialise the local client certificate if it does not
exist.

Then:
# lxc config trust add client.crt
# lxc config trust list
This should list the fingerprint.

And it should work:
# curl --key client.key --cert client.crt -v -k
https://localhost:8443/1.0/images

(do not use the -s option as it will suppress the output)