[lxc-users] LXD can ping from container out, but not in from outside network

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Sun May 17 04:00:10 UTC 2015

On Sat, 16 May 2015 08:03:26 PM Kevin LaTona wrote:
> With a LXD based LXC container what iptables magic does one need to
> be able to access these 10.0.3.x containers from outside that local
> network?
>
> So far I got it so I log into a 10.0.3.x based container and ping the
> outside world.

The last couple of emails I sent were all about addressing this problem.

The default 10.0.3.x based container networking uses NAT, the same as
your 192.168.x.x network is to the outside world via your router. The
easiest solution I am aware of is to change the default lxcbr0 to use
the same 192.168.x.x network segment as your host and then any other
host on your 192.168.x.x network can see any of the containers. Then
you can also make a container visible to the outside world using normal
port forwarding on your main router.