[lxc-users] Bug? Kernel Panic when running lxc-autostart on 4.0.2

KATOH Yasufumi karma at jazz.email.ne.jp
Wed May 13 08:14:35 UTC 2015

>>> On Wed, 13 May 2015 03:19:38 -0400
    in message   "Re: [lxc-users] Bug? Kernel Panic when running lxc-autostart on	4.0.2"
                  Robert Pendell-san wrote:

> >     in message   "[lxc-users] Bug? Kernel Panic when running lxc-autostart on 4.0.2"
> >                   Robert Pendell-san wrote:
> >
> >> Provider: Linode
> >> Platform: LXC-Paravirtualized
> >> Kernel: Host-supplied 4.0.2
> >> Issue: When running lxc-autostart the kernel panics and the vps needs
> >> a hard reboot in order to recover.
> >
> >> I tested host built kernels 3.19.1, 4.0, 4.0.1, and 4.0.2.  The issue
> >> only happens on the last one.
> >
> >> The bug line is as follows:
> >> BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at           (null)
> >
> >> Full stackdump as was given at console:
> >> https://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=HHjW4iJj
> >
> > How about apply following patches?
> >   http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/containers/2015-May/035875.html
> >
> > I also encountered panic on 4.0.2 kernel when I started a unpriv
> > container, and resolved after applying two patches.
> >   https://lists.linuxcontainers.org/pipermail/lxc-devel/2015-May/011722.html

> Are those kernel patches?  If so then that more or less confirms the
> theory I had mentally about it being an issue with the kernel.  I can
> take this and at least let the host know until we get an updated
> release.  I've fallen back to 4.0.1 for now anyways.

These patches:
  https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=cd4a40174b71acd021877341684d8bb1dc8ea4ae
  https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=820f9f147dcce2602eefd9b575bbbd9ea14f0953