[lxc-users] Bug? Kernel Panic when running lxc-autostart on 4.0.2

Robert Pendell shinji at elite-systems.org
Wed May 13 07:19:38 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 1:43 AM, KATOH Yasufumi <...> wrote:
>     in message   "[lxc-users] Bug? Kernel Panic when running lxc-autostart on 4.0.2"
>                   Robert Pendell-san wrote:
>
>> Provider: Linode
>> Platform: LXC-Paravirtualized
>> Kernel: Host-supplied 4.0.2
>> Issue: When running lxc-autostart the kernel panics and the vps needs
>> a hard reboot in order to recover.
>
>> I tested host built kernels 3.19.1, 4.0, 4.0.1, and 4.0.2.  The issue
>> only happens on the last one.
>
>> The bug line is as follows:
>> BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at           (null)
>
>> Full stackdump as was given at console:
>> https://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=HHjW4iJj
>
> How about apply following patches?
>   http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/containers/2015-May/035875.html
>
> I also encountered panic on 4.0.2 kernel when I started a unpriv
> container, and resolved after applying two patches.
>   https://lists.linuxcontainers.org/pipermail/lxc-devel/2015-May/011722.html

Are those kernel patches?  If so then that more or less confirms the
theory I had mentally about it being an issue with the kernel.  I can
take this and at least let the host know until we get an updated
release.  I've fallen back to 4.0.1 for now anyways.

Robert Pendell
shinji at elite-systems.org
A perfect world is one of chaos.
Keybase: http://keybase.io/shinji257