[lxc-users] LXD

Tycho Andersen tycho.andersen at canonical.com
Sat May 9 00:04:27 UTC 2015

Hi Jason,

[cc-ing lxc-users]

On Fri, May 08, 2015 at 06:18:11PM -0400, Jason Rotella wrote:
> Hello Tycho,
>
> I saw your LXD talk:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MNy9OoiJ70 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MNy9OoiJ70>
>
> and the following site:
>
> https://linuxcontainers.org/lxd/introduction <https://linuxcontainers.org/lxd/introduction>
>
> I understand participation in the LXD project is welcome and I’d like to know more about the roadmap for LXD and the features that will be made available, as well as information about the development community, etc.

Definitely! I'm not sure that we have any real roadmap document, but
we work via the github issues, which stgraber keeps nicely organized
into milestones:

https://github.com/lxc/lxd/milestones

Our release cadence for the foreseeable future will be every two weeks
(0.9 will come out on the 12th), so that we can hopefully get features
of our rapidly evolving codebase into the hands of interested users.

r.e. community, hallyn, stgraber, and I (tych0) all idle in
#lxcontainers on freenode and we read the lxc-{users,devel} mailing
lists, so those are probably the best ways to get in touch.

Development for the underlying migration code takes place on the CRIU
list: https://lists.openvz.org/mailman/listinfo/criu

> Are you the person to speak with about the above topics?

Sure, or any of the lxd team. I've cc-d lxc-users on this mail, which
will let any of us respond in case I am incapacitated by an angry
wombat.

Tycho