[lxc-users] Trying out migration, getting "error: checkpoint failed"

Tycho Andersen tycho.andersen at canonical.com
Fri May 8 16:03:24 UTC 2015

Hi Giles,

Sorry for the delay.

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 12:32:58PM +0100, Giles Thomas wrote:
> Hi Tycho,
>
> On 06/05/15 16:29, Tycho Andersen wrote:
> >Sorry, I did just find one notable exception with the current git master:
> >liblxc doesn't complain when excing criu fails. Do you have criu installed
> >in a place where liblxc can find it? I posted a patch to fix this
> >particular case, but it seems likely that's where your problem is. Tycho
>
> It's installed in /usr/sbin/criu -- the lxc monitor is running as root, so
> that should be OK, right?

I think so, but obviously something is wrong :). If you cat
/proc/`pidof lxd`/environ, is /usr/sbin in its path? It may be worth
upgrading to the lxd/lxd-client from git master; I wrote a patch a few
days ago so you can do:

lxc info migratee --show-log

and get the lxc log output, which should have the error you're
experiencing.

Tycho