[lxc-users] Advice for running LXC on a Debian host

Mark Clarkson mark.clarkson at smorg.co.uk
Sat Mar 14 10:31:40 UTC 2015

On 13/03/2015 13:34, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
> Dear LXC List
>
> I'm looking for advice on running LXC on Debian.

I have had LXC working perfectly on Debian Wheezy for months.

I upgraded to lxc 1.0.6, compiling from jessie sources, which also seems
to work well on wheezy, but I have not used it for long enough to be sure.

However, I am switching to ubuntu for the VM host because:

* I was having trouble getting nested containers to work.
* I was having trouble getting unprivileged containers to work.
* I could not compile systemd-shim, from jessie, without upgrading major
parts of debian.

So, debian jessie might work, but for supportability and ease of
installation I feel I am forced to switch to ubuntu, which I'm not
overly happy about, but on ubuntu, it's just too easy to get everything
working.