[lxc-users] Advice for running LXC on a Debian host

Xavier Gendre gendre.reivax at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 08:29:34 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am not as categorical as Fajar and using LXC with Debian is widely
feasable. I admit that the LXC version that comes with Debian Stable is
not enough up to date. But I have installed Debian Jessie and I use the
Debian's package that give LXC with version 1.0.6.

Of course, if you need all the last functionalities easily available,
you will have to follow the advices of Fajar and dealing with Ubuntu is
certainly easier. If you don't need that, Debian Jessie and LXC work
(quite) like a charm and it suits all my needs.

Xavier