[lxc-users] Question on bridging in nested containers

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Mar 12 04:21:07 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 4:21 AM, Anjali Kulkarni <anjali at juniper.net> wrote:
> Sorry, I didn¹t phrase this correctly.
> What I meant is I ok to bypass the base container (don¹t need bridging
> connectivity to it), but just want to expose the host bridge to the nested
> container.

Short answer: no.

Why are you trying to make things harder than it should be?

Long answer:
Try passing several veth interfaces to the base container, where each
is already connected to a bridge on the host. Then pass the veth
interfaces from the base container (eth1, eth2, etc) to the nested
container using lxc.network.type = phys. You can then see that the
base container's eth1 is now moved to the nested container, using the
same name, and the base container can no longer see it. It will return
to the base container when you stop the nested container.

"man lxc.container.conf" is your friend for the config file syntax.

--
Fajar