[lxc-users] running NFS and cifs in a container.

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Mar 3 06:44:47 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Mohan G <mohan_gg at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks.
> can anyone point me to material/docs on running NFS /CIFS inside a
> container.

Short version:
- if you mean nfs/cifs client, the recommended way if for the HOST to
mount it (e.g. directly on
/var/lib/lxc/container_name/rootfs/mnt/share1).

- if you mean nfs kernel server, then containers are not designed to
run that. You could work around it using lxc.aa_profile=unconfined,
but some functions might still be broken (e.g. on my test "showmount
-a" doesn't show connected clients)

- userland cifs server (e.g. samba) should work just fine inside container

--
Fajar