[lxc-users] LXD Openstack

Frederico Araujo araujof at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 04:51:08 UTC 2015

So, I figured out by examining the logs that there was a problem connecting
to the LXD daemon on my machine. I googled it, and I found out that this
seems to be a confirmed bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxd/+bug/1452358

To fix it, I just started the LXD service manually and then, stopped and
restarted nova. Now, when I try to launch a container from the vivid image,
I get the following error:

*"Error: Build of instance ad95f1d8-75ff-4153-b358-da510a7fa9cd aborted:
Image ff9ca36c-fff0-42a6-8eae-605cb7cfdd9e is unacceptable: Image failed to
upload: Error 500 - Could not get image metadata: exit status 2".*

I'm quite sure I'm missing something :)
I thought that glance image-create would generate the necessary metadata to
be consumed by nova when spawning new instances? I wonder if the parameters
I passed to glance are correct (I copied them from the introduction to
nova-compute-lxd blog post)?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Fred