[lxc-users] LXD Openstack

Frederico Araujo araujof at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 22:12:31 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to get devstack to work with n-c-lxd, but I keep getting the
infamous error "No valid host was found. There are not enough hosts
available." when I try to launch a new instance from a vivid image I
uploaded to glance.

I'm running devstack on a VM with Vivid and followed the instructions on
your introduction to nova-compute-lxd:

1. git cloned devstack to /opt/stack/
2. git cloned nova-compute-lxd to /opt/stack/
3. git cloned pylxd to /opt/stack/ (note: the git repository set in
nova-compute-lxd is timing out during stack.sh)
4. run /opt/stack/nova-compute-lxd/contrib/devstack/prepare_devstack.sh
5. run ./stack.sh

Up to this point, everything looks good, and I get devstack up and running.
I then uploaded to glance the following image:

6. wget -O vivid-server-cloudimg-amd64-root.tar.gz
https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/vivid/current/
vivid-server-cloudimg-amd64-root.tar.gz
7. glance --os-username=admin --os-password=nova --os-tenant-name=admin
--os-auth-url=http://<my ip>:35357/v2.0 image-create --name='lxc'
--container-format=bare --disk-format=raw <
vivid-server-cloudimg-amd64-root.tar.gz

And finally, I launch an instance with this image, but it fails with the
error message above. Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong? I'm fairly
experienced with lxc and containers in general, but I'm completely new to
openstack. So, please bear with me ;)

Thanks!
Fred