[lxc-users] LXCFS - dash read builtin behavior oddity?

Robert Pendell shinji at elite-systems.org
Fri Jun 5 23:47:39 UTC 2015

Ok.  I'm left scratching a little.  When running under 0.9 (latest
code compiled from git) dash behaves in a weird way inside the
container.  This behavior is non reproducable on 0.7.  When doing the
same experiment using bash instead it does not reproduce so this is
application specific from what I can tell. Running strace on lxcfs did
give some interesting insight into this.

While running this: read b c < /proc/uptime
from dash inside the container 0.7 gives appropriate data where 0.9
returns /0 for unknown reasons.
Using cat from dash works as expected.  Running that same command
above from within bash also gives the expected results.

This discovery was made while using byobu since I had it reporting
uptime and after updating the binary it started reporting "s" for
uptime.

Robert Pendell
shinji at elite-systems.org
A perfect world is one of chaos.