[lxc-users] udevadm trigger corrupts the container

Christoph Mathys eraserix at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 12:38:17 UTC 2015

When I run "udevadm trigger --action=change" inside a container with
Ubuntu 12.04 my container gets "corrupted". For example, I can no
longer run a perfectly valid "sudo start procps", it always fails.

root at deploy:~# start procps
procps stop/waiting
root at deploy:~# udevadm trigger --action=change
root at deploy:~# start procps
start: Job failed to start
root at deploy:~#

Any ideas? Newer kernels than my dated 3.12 (I tried stock 3.16 from
trusty) seem to work. Maybe a pointer to the relevant kernel patch? Or
am I missing out a whole set of features?

I'm using lxc 1.0.7.

Christoph