[lxc-users] TTY Question

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Feb 5 22:11:03 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 1:19 AM, CDR <venefax at gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to use TYY=9 in a container, how do I achieve that?

You could probably start by NOT using big fonts in html mail when
posting to the list.
That being said, what do you mean "tyy=9"? did you mean tty? If yes,
try "man lxc.container.conf" (look for "lxc.tty") as well as "man
lxc-console"

> Also I feel that my apps in the container crash more than when installed in a virtual machine, ceteris paribus.

"feel" without data is not really helpful, is it? The usual methods of
debugging a crash should apply (e.g. reading app logs, using gdb), and
should apply whether it's in the host, container, or VM. Once you know
what the problem is, its easier to determine whether the problem has
something to do with container or not.

When troubleshooting containter-related problems on Ubuntu, a starting
point is to run it as "normal" (i.e. not unprivileged) container, and
use lxc.aa_profile = unconfined (you probably have that already if
using centos container). Then again, if you know that the app WILL
crash even its in a VM, then most likely it's the app's fault, not
related to whether it's in container or not.

> How do I write in the configuration that the container has the same "importance" as the host?

It should already is by default. That is, if you don't specify any
cgroups limit.

--
Fajar