[lxc-users] Converting from libvirt lxc

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Dec 4 04:28:34 UTC 2015

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 12:10 AM, Peter Steele <pwsteele at gmail.com> wrote:

> There *are* other issues (our software isn't running properly), but I
>> think the major container issues have been resolved.
>>

> Which is?
>
> Well, mainly the udev issue, plus the fact that the containers booted
> *really* slowly.

Are you STILL experiencing slow booting? If yes, can you please test using
a clean setup (e.g. in fresh-installl under virtualbox)?

My test with the download template result in fast-booting container. I
wonder if you can run some test on a clean setup:

- host clean centos 7 install on virtualbox, lxc-1.1.5, containers created
fully from download template -> you should achieve same result as mine. If
NOT, then we can start working on that, as it should be a bug in lxc

- host clean centos 7 install on virtualbox, same lxc config as earlier,
but with rootfs replaced with your custom rootfs. I'm GUESSing this is
where things could be different. If this is SLOW for you while the earlier
one is fast, then the problem lies somewhere in your rootfs.

- If it IS still slow, and the boot process shows systemd is somehow
involved in the slowness, you can try my systemd-224 RPMs, and see if it
makes it better:
https://goo.gl/XpKFxS
https://www.mail-archive.com/lxc-users@lists.linuxcontainers.org/msg03829.html
(you should only need step "5" and "7")

Of course, the above is assuming you can work with a COPY of your rootfs
(since upgrading systemd would be a slightly complicated process to undo)

--
Fajar