[lxc-users] cgmanager fails

Raul Dias raul at dias.com.br
Fri Aug 7 17:42:01 UTC 2015

On 07/08/2015 14:04, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Raul Dias (raul at dias.com.br):
>>
>> I basically get a lot of messages like this on lxc-start:
>>
>> Failed to install release agent, ignoring: No such file or directory
>> Cannot add dependency job for unit dbus.socket, ignoring: Unit
>> dbus.socket failed to load: No such file or directory.
>> Cannot add dependency job for unit display-manager.service,
>> ignoring: Unit display-manager.service failed to load: No such file
>> or directory.
>>
> These are systemd jobs and I'm not yet very familiar with them.  The
>
> display-manager.service sounds like something you wouldn't want in
> the container anyway.
I guess that came from debootstrap.

>>> None of these seem too bad, assuming they happen inthe container.
>> Is this expected inside a container?
> This could happen for a few reasons, but it depends on hwo your
> containers are configured.  /lxc/u2 suggests these are containers
> you started as root (using sudo).  Are they using an idmap?  what
> does ls -l /var/lib/lxc/u2/rootfs show?
The regular root filesystem. No idmap

This stuff shows up if I (as root):
lxc-create -n newone -t ubuntu
lxc-start -n newone -F

Even with the containers working, these systemd messages didn't show before.

I will dig into systemd then.  I am barely familiar with it too.

Thanks again.
-rsd