[lxc-users] cgmanager fails

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 7 17:04:09 UTC 2015

Quoting Raul Dias (raul at dias.com.br):

> On 07/08/2015 12:25, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> >Quoting Raul Dias (raul at dias.com.br):
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>I was happing testing, learning about containers when I crashed my
> >>host by filling all disk space and leaving some containers on.
> >>
> >>Now, I barely can use it. (Yes, a lot of free space now)
> >Have you rebooted the system since this happened?
> yes
> >
> >what does
> >
> >systemctl list-units  cgmanager.service
> >systemctl list-units  lxcfs.service
> >
> >show?
>
> both loaded, active and running.
> >>I basically get a lot of messages like this on lxc-start:
> >>
> >>Failed to install release agent, ignoring: No such file or directory
> >>Cannot add dependency job for unit dbus.socket, ignoring: Unit
> >>dbus.socket failed to load: No such file or directory.
> >>Cannot add dependency job for unit display-manager.service,
> >>ignoring: Unit display-manager.service failed to load: No such file
> >>or directory.

These are systemd jobs and I'm not yet very familiar with them.  The

display-manager.service sounds like something you wouldn't want in
the container anyway.

> >>or this:
> >>
> >>Failed to reset devices.list on /lxc/u2: Permission denied
> >None of these seem too bad, assuming they happen inthe container.
> Is this expected inside a container?

This could happen for a few reasons, but it depends on hwo your
containers are configured.  /lxc/u2 suggests these are containers
you started as root (using sudo).  Are they using an idmap?  what
does ls -l /var/lib/lxc/u2/rootfs show?