[lxc-users] unable to start qemu-kvm inside lxc container (the host freezes)

Syraxes syraxes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 13:57:55 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 11:50 AM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net> wrote:

> Have you tested using kvm WITHOUT network for the VMs, by any chance?
>
> I tested something similar with virtualbox inside a container, and
> virtualbox's networkless-vm start fine. However it crash immediately
> when I use bridge network for the VMs.
>
> Hopefully this can help you pinpoint the source of the problem.

This suggestion is interesting.  The problem seems to be related to
the networking of the vm :
- the qemu vm started (no freeze)  when i removed all the network
interfaces ( 6 tap devices )
- when I try to create a bridge  _inside_ the container ,  the system
froze  . This happened without even trying to start the qemu ...

I'll keep investigating ...

In principle :  is it possible to create network bridges inside lxc
containers  , which are not seen by other containers ?  What about tap
devices?
(  I'll need that each container has its own set of 36 tap devices and
6 bridges - isolated from other containers )

Many thanks,
Adrian M