[lxc-users] my actual use and future with lxd (and python)

Yonsy Solis yonsy.s.p at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 18:43:58 UTC 2015

Hi

I am deploying lxc for virtualization in some clients, using lxc 1.1.1
repository and unprivileged containers with Ubuntu 14.04.2 server.

For deployment in servers i use an script to create a base environment
first (zsh shell, some PPAs by default), lxc-clone -s for the other
ones and customize the config with Ansible (add more repos with PPAs
and config for specific programs, web, databases, etc)

I use btrfs and the containers gets their own subvolume (btrfs magic
for "partitions") and with lxcfs/cgmanager, limitations in memory and
cores used per environment.

Now, lxd will be a great help in the future, install from an Image to
the server and after this remote configuration from the beggining, but
i need to know:

1. LXD will support unprivileged containers?
2. LXD will work with btrfs subvolumes per environment?
3. Ansible provides tools for generate LXC containers but use
python2-lxc port (https://github.com/lxc/python2-lxc) with this port, i
can create unprivileged containers and btrfs subvolumes per container
or  will i need pyhton3 lxc?

Yonsy Solis