[lxc-users] LXC, criu and cgroups...

Tycho Andersen tycho.andersen at canonical.com
Wed Apr 8 14:47:52 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 11:15:49AM +0200, Dirk Geschke wrote:
> Hi Tycho,
>
> > This means you're still trying to c/r unprivileged containers, which
> > won't work. You need to set security.privileged in the
> > container config:
> >
> > lxc config set <container> security.privileged true
>
> just tested it this way and this seems to work! I had some problems
> with the now privieleged container due to the old subuid/subgid
> mapping. But I can move this container around the hosts. It takes
> a few seconds, but it works.
>
> Now I dream of this feature for an unprivileged container...
>
> One whish so far: Can you file a feature request for lxd to check
>
>   + right version of nc

I made a change to the packaging to depend on the right version so
hopefully that will be sorted.

>   + result of rsync

We do check the result of rsync,

https://github.com/lxc/lxd/blob/master/lxd/migration/rsync.go#L31
https://github.com/lxc/lxd/blob/master/lxd/migration/rsync.go#L115

However in your case it looked like rsync was simply hanging. There's
not really much we can do to detect a situation like that,
unfortunately.

>   + more verbosity in debug mode?

This we could do (at least print "fs sync success" and "images sync
success" or something).

> I found the failing rsync in an strace, but lxd did not react on
> this. I suspect, that even a missing nc would result in a hanging
> lxd process, too? This would prevent others to run in the same
> problems as I did...

Can you paste the strace? I'd be curious to see what was happening,
since as far as I can see our code should notice when rsync fails
(exits nonzero).

Tycho