[lxc-users] LXC, criu and cgroups...

Dirk Geschke dirk at lug-erding.de
Wed Apr 8 09:15:49 UTC 2015

Hi Tycho,

> This means you're still trying to c/r unprivileged containers, which
> won't work. You need to set security.privileged in the
> container config:
>
> lxc config set <container> security.privileged true

just tested it this way and this seems to work! I had some problems
with the now privieleged container due to the old subuid/subgid
mapping. But I can move this container around the hosts. It takes
a few seconds, but it works.

Now I dream of this feature for an unprivileged container...

One whish so far: Can you file a feature request for lxd to check

  + right version of nc

  + result of rsync

  + more verbosity in debug mode?

I found the failing rsync in an strace, but lxd did not react on
this. I suspect, that even a missing nc would result in a hanging
lxd process, too? This would prevent others to run in the same
problems as I did...

Best regards

Dirk