[lxc-users] unprivilegded containers with LXC 1.0.6

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 29 17:56:57 UTC 2014

Quoting Dirk Geschke (dirk at lug-erding.de):
> Hi all,
>
> maybe I missed something but my unpriviledged containers do not
> like to start with version 1.0.6:
>
>    lxc_container: call to cgmanager_create_sync failed: invalid request
>    lxc_container: Failed to create name=systemd:jessie
>    lxc_container: Error creating cgroup name=systemd:jessie
>    lxc_container: call to cgmanager_remove_sync failed: invalid request
>    lxc_container: Error removing name=systemd:jessie
>    lxc_container: failed creating cgroups
>    lxc_container: failed to spawn 'jessie'
>    lxc_container: The container failed to start.
>    lxc_container: Additional information can be obtained by setting the
>    --logfile and --logpriority options.
>
> So I reinstalled version 1.0.5 again and it worked without problems.
>
> Is it a problem with 1.0.6 or did I missed something?
>
> I'm using Debian wheezy with a modified shadow package to allow subuids.
> So I'm using sysvinit with cgmanager.

cgmanager doesn't exist in wheezy.  Could you tell us exactly which
version you are using?  Also what is your kernel version?

> cgmanager ist started this way:
>
>    cgmanager --daemon -m name=systemd

Please add ' --debug' to the arguments, restart cgmanager, try starting
the container, and show us the contents of //var/log/upstart/cgmanager.log

> and I do an
>
>    cgm movepid all jessie $$

The cgm movepid works regardless of the lxc version right?