[lxc-users] unprivilegded containers with LXC 1.0.6

Dirk Geschke dirk at lug-erding.de
Sun Sep 28 10:43:20 UTC 2014

Hi all,

maybe I missed something but my unpriviledged containers do not
like to start with version 1.0.6:

   lxc_container: call to cgmanager_create_sync failed: invalid request
   lxc_container: Failed to create name=systemd:jessie
   lxc_container: Error creating cgroup name=systemd:jessie
   lxc_container: call to cgmanager_remove_sync failed: invalid request
   lxc_container: Error removing name=systemd:jessie
   lxc_container: failed creating cgroups
   lxc_container: failed to spawn 'jessie'
   lxc_container: The container failed to start.
   lxc_container: Additional information can be obtained by setting the
   --logfile and --logpriority options.

So I reinstalled version 1.0.5 again and it worked without problems.

Is it a problem with 1.0.6 or did I missed something?

I'm using Debian wheezy with a modified shadow package to allow subuids.
So I'm using sysvinit with cgmanager.

cgmanager ist started this way:

   cgmanager --daemon -m name=systemd

and I do an

   cgm movepid all jessie $$

That works fine with 1.0.5 but not with 1.0.6...

Has anyone an idea what is going wrong?

Best regards

Dirk