[lxc-users] Compile fails under Fedora

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Sat Sep 20 22:22:36 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-09-20 at 03:23 -0400, CDR wrote:
> I did a "git pull" and ´when I issued a "make rpm", it failed
>
> error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>    /usr/lib/systemd/system/lxc-net.service
> RPM build errors:
>     File listed twice:
> /usr/lib64/python3.3/site-packages/_lxc-0.1-py3.3.egg-info
>     File listed twice: /usr/lib64/python3.3/site-packages/_lxc.cpython-33m.so
>     File listed twice: /usr/lib64/python3.3/site-packages/lxc/__init__.py
>     File listed twice: /usr/lib64/python3.3/site-packages/lxc/__pycache__
>     File listed twice:
> /usr/lib64/python3.3/site-packages/lxc/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-33.pyc
>     File listed twice:
> /usr/lib64/python3.3/site-packages/lxc/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-33.pyo
>     File listed twice: /usr/libexec/lxc/lxc-autostart-helper
>     File listed twice: /usr/libexec/lxc/lxc-devsetup
>     File listed twice: /usr/libexec/lxc/lxc-user-nic
>     Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>    /usr/lib/systemd/system/lxc-net.service
> make: *** [rpm] Error 1
>
> Any idea how can I compile the software?

You raised this issue on 08/09 for 1.1.0alpha1 under Fedora 20.  At that
time yours was the second report and I was already looking into it.  You
then raised the issue again on the -devel list on 09/05 for 1.1.0alpha1
under CentOS 7 - exact same issue.  At that time the patches had already
been submitted on 08/25 to Stéphane and were then under review.  I
responded to you to that effect on 09/09 along with the reason for the
original failure and a pointer to my patches that had been posted to the
list.

The patches are still being reviewed as he's been exceptionally busy
lately and the patches are fairly involved and involved some
disagreements in approach which were discussed in private E-Mail between
the involved parties.

The patches have not been committed to git master to date and he's
working on integrating the changes.  As a consequence, the answer I gave
to you on 09/09 on the -devel list remains the same and is equally
applicable to 1.1.0alpha1 and to git master...

i.e. ... You can either apply the patches I posted to the -devel list
several weeks ago or you can wait for Stéphane to commit the fully
integrated patches to git master.  At this time, applying my changes
will result in some patch warnings due to others submitting some warning
changes in parallel patches.

I would recommend monitoring the -devel list for further (cough)
developments (yes, pun intended).

Regards,
Mike