[lxc-users] macvlan networking

Adam Gold awg1 at gmx.com
Mon Sep 15 09:19:36 UTC 2014

> The "official" networking guide for lxc on Ubuntu :
> https://help.ubuntu.com/14.04/serverguide/lxc.html#lxc-network
>
> At first glance your config looks correct, but the most obvious
> possible source of problem would be "-i eth0". You said that your
> public IP is now on br0. I'd try to remove the "-i" part altogether,
> to see if it is indeed the source of problem.

eth0 and br0 are the same interface, it's just the name on the inside vs
the outside of the container.  I tried removing all of the -i sections
but still no luck :(

Here's the strange thing: if I set up the host to forward to a container
on the lxcbr0 interface / internal network it works fine.  However
forwarding from a dual public/private interfaced container to a private
container doesn't work.

Hmm, I'm not sure where to look for the problem / mistake...