[lxc-users] Insufficent privileges to control…

Zmudzinski, Krystof C krystof.c.zmudzinski at intel.com
Fri Sep 12 19:36:03 UTC 2014

I’m executing everything as root.

Krystof

From: lxc-users [mailto:lxc-users-bounces at lists.linuxcontainers.org] On Behalf Of Ranjib Dey
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2014 12:32 PM
To: LXC users mailing-list
Subject: Re: [lxc-users] Insufficent privileges to control…

as a normal user (not root) you can only use the download template.
i.e.
lxc-create -n foo -t download -d ubuntu -a amd64 -r trusty
, download templates downloads tarball of rootfs and creates the container, unlike other template, which construct the container using debootstrap/yum etc. That process involves device creation and other operations which is not possible as normal user. Stephane Graber has a nice post on it: https://www.stgraber.org/2014/01/17/lxc-1-0-unprivileged-containers/

cheers
ranjib