[lxc-users] Insufficent privileges to control…

Ranjib Dey dey.ranjib at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 19:32:20 UTC 2014

as a normal user (not root) you can only use the download template.
i.e.
lxc-create -n foo -t download -d ubuntu -a amd64 -r trusty
, download templates downloads tarball of rootfs and creates the container,
unlike other template, which construct the container using debootstrap/yum
etc. That process involves device creation and other operations which is
not possible as normal user. Stephane Graber has a nice post on it:
https://www.stgraber.org/2014/01/17/lxc-1-0-unprivileged-containers/

cheers
ranjib