[lxc-users] running quagga on linux containers

durga c.vijaya.durga at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 11:21:01 UTC 2014

Hello again,

I think I figured out the issue.
lxcbr0 and one of the lxc containers seem to assuming same mac address,
thus during the database exchange stage(which is unicast with duplicated
mac address) , the lxcbr0 which has assumed the destination mac address
simply drops the DB description request OSPF packet, thus leaving the OSPF
neighbour establishment stage incomplete.

When a secondary interface is configured, the mac address don't overlap ,
hence the multicast and following unicast packets get transmitted as in
normal multiple access networks.

Cheers!
Durga